Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday


It is Good Friday for a few reasons for me today:

1. My little brother is coming home from Nashville this weekend to spend the weekend with us and to help take care of me a little since I'm not getting around too well still.

2. I'm feeling pretty good today. Yesterday was my worst day, I felt terrible due to my meds and had some pain. But after a good nights sleep, I'm feeling much better today. I think I'm going to try to lay off my pain meds unless I really get to hurting. I don't like how they make me feel and would rather deal with a little pain than feel sick and not myself.

3. Last but certainly not least, today is a reminder of what Easter is all about! I summed it up earlier when I posted the following on Facebook: "As I sit here in discomfort and a little pain, I think that it's nothing compared to the pain and discomfort Christ went through as he was on the Cross. I hope everyone remembers what Easter is truly all about and how lucky we are that our Heavenly Father went through so much and died, for each and every one of us! Happy Good Friday!!"

What do you all have planned for the weekend? I think we will just chill and spend time together at home. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be going to church since I'm not getting around too well. I really hate that, but it is what it is. Last weekend, before getting ready for my surgery, I did a few "Eastery" things at home and haven't had a chance to share my pictures yet. I still want to do a few more things If I'm able - but this was a start.

I hope to do a few more things if I feel up to it. I liked what I did last year for my Easter decor too, if you want to see that, click here.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Love your little Easter touches! Hope you feel better soon! :)

Kellie Collis said...

These are lovely Easter decor! So pretty! Enjoy the beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

Karena said...

Lindsey, feel better soon!! I am glad your brother is coming to help! I found you at Patricia's ...

Happy Easter!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Send your friends to...Come and enter my very Fashionable Giveaway from the French Basketeer!

Anonymous said...

Pretty Easter decorations. So glad you got a chance to see your brother. Get lots of rest, Cutie. xo