Thursday, July 30, 2009

Show us Your Wedding Party

I am participating in a fun blog hop started by Kelly's Korner where we are all showing our Wedding Party/Flowers.

Our Wedding took place Downtown Memphis, TN at the Cadre on December 29, 2007 at 7 p.m. My colors where black and white. I had originally thought I was going to have my bridesmaids wear black dresses of some sort, but then as I was looking for dresses, I saw this gorgeous black and white dress with a satin sash. I knew this was it! I had one of my girls come and try it on and she loved it too! I was a little hesitant at first because the skirt was a little bigger then what you see bridesmaid's wear these days - but since it was a night wedding and in such a beautiful, elegant building, I thought that it would be just fine! I'm so glad I went with those dresses because it is different then any others I have seen and since it was 2 pieces, most of the girls have worn the top since. I love the top and have yet to borrow it from one of them! Got to do that! I stuck with white flowers of all kinds too: roses, dahlias, spider mums, peonies, and my favorite, orchids. The guys had orchids for their boutonnieres. The isle was lined with branch candelabras and white rose petals, which I loved! The floor was black concrete so the white rose petals really showed up and looked gorgeous! I mentioned some of the music in our last post. We had a small string quartet that played as guests were being seated and then had 2 gorgeous songs performed, one before the ceremony and one during. The one during was "The Prayer" and during that time Mike and I lit our unity candle, then came down the steps and went to each of our parents and gave them a hug and thanked them for everything. It was quite emotional, but such a beautiful moment! I love watching it on video!


The beautiful Cadre Building, downtown Memphis where our ceremony and reception was held
Guest Book Table

Mike and my brother being silly


I LOVE this photo of Mike and his groomsmen. The guy in the middle, standing is my younger brother.


Mike reading his gift from me.

The gorgeous view before I walked down the isle

My bouquet

Mike and my brother, Casey waiting before the Ceremony begins
My sweet cousin and usher rolled out the carpet for me
Remembrance chairs for my Grandparents (my Mother's Parents.)

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Mike Nabors

Mike and I with my Uncle Kevin, who is a Pastor and performed our ceremony! That was very special to us!!
Me and my BFF Ashley
A few of the girls taking a load off!


















1 comment:

chateaudelu said...

Such a gorgeous wedding, and you are doubly so. Congrats!