Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Mamasita!



Today is my Mom's Birthday! She is 51 and looks AMAZING!! I only hope I can look as good as she does when I'm her age! I am so lucky to have her! She has done everything for me, my brother and my dad! I can truly say that she is my best friend! 

Since she is here, I put together  a cute little tray for her when she got up this morning. I layed out a coffee cup, a blueberry bagel from the bakery, a card, some flowers I put together with lemons and limes, and then a magazine she loves.  I also put a vase of roses with lemons in the guest bathroom and then on the kitchen table. Just like me, she loves fresh flowers, so I made 3 arrangements for her to enjoy. I had a party at work last night at the store and didn't get home till late. I had to bake her cake, so I stayed up really late doing that, then let it cool overnight and then iced and decorated it today when I got up before going to work. I had asked her what kind of cake she wanted and she said Banana - so I made a Banana cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. I just had a little piece a few minuets ago and I have to say it was SOO good! It was so moist and had just the right amount of banana flavor. I used 4 bananas when I made it and I wasn't sure if it would have enough or too much banana flavor - but it is just right!  Before I went to work I ran and got her a gift certificate for a Mani and then went and got her 3 bottles of wine and then some candles. She enjoys her candles just like I do, so I stocked her up on them.  She loved the wine I picked out! She always LOVES wine, so instead of getting her clothes or jewelry like I normally do for her birthday, I decided to do wine this year. I got her 3 nice bottles that she wouldn't normally buy for herself unless it's a special occasion. She loved it and is looking forward to enjoying them this weekend. 

I can feel my eyes getting heavy as I'm typing. I stayed up way too late baking the cake and then cleaning up (hate that part) so I think bed is calling my name soon. It was a good day though, kind of rushed and hectic - but good! Mike came out to the store tonight and we went to dinner when I got off around 8. I love it when he does that because I kind of feel like he is picking me up for a date - which is fun sometimes rather then leaving the house together. I always like seeing him, so handsome, walking up to the store. It's just fun and makes me feel like I did when we were first dating!  We love trying new restaurants so we did tonight and went to a place called Interim.  It was really good! I had Seared Yellowfin Tuna and Mike had a Penne Pasta! It was all so good and we will definitely go back!  

My Dad didn't think he was going to make it home this weekend, which he hated since it was my Mom's birthday, but she is going to TX next weekend so they were just going to see each other then. But - at the last minuet he got a flight and so he will be here this weekend! I know she is excited about that! So I am looking forward to a weekend with the fam and the continued celebration and festivities of my Mom's Birthday! 



        My beautiful Mother at my Wedding! 


 
Mom & I at my Bachelorrette Party



No comments: