Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oh Happy Day!!!


My Best friends little bundle of joy, Avery Elisabeth Linam arrived today at 9:59 A.M. and was 7 lbs 7 oz and 19 inches long. I could hardly sleep last night after talking to Ashley twice in the early morning hours. I talked to her the last time around 3:30 a.m. and her water had broke and she had just gotten her epidural. When I finally went to bed, I could hardly go to sleep because I felt so excited and couldn't stop wondering what was going on. I got up this morning to get ready for work and after I got out of the shower I text my friend Tiffany (who is also Ashley's sister in law) to get an update - and she said that Ash was about to start pushing. I just felt so excited and anxious, even though I am so far away. I knew I would feel excited since this was my best friend and all, but I felt way more excited and anxious and really just in aww - way more then I expected to feel! 

I just thought about how long I have known Ashley, since 6th grade and then through high school and our college years. I thought of all we've been through together and how we have grown up together and the many times we had talked and dreamt about our wedding day, and the day we would have babies! Now the moment had come true for her and I was just overcome with joy for her and her husband Chad! Other chapters of our lives and journey of our friendship have closed, but now a new one has begun and I am so excited to be a part of my best friends life and her new journey as a mother. I'm also glad she went through it all first, so that way I have someone to call one day (ha ha) and I know she will tell me everything I need to know! 

Thank God for True Best Friends and most of all, the little miracles he gives us!


No comments: