Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Natural Thick, Long Lashes vs. False Lashes


Okay - so yesterday I was in my  Dr.'s office and I noticed a sign advertising the new FDA approved drug called Latisse - which helps your eye lashes grow thicker and fuller. I had  heard about this from some friends but never seriously thought about it for myself until I saw it yesterday. I do not have long lashes at all!! I always feel like I am applying so much mascara to obtain even just a little length and fullness and even then it's not as much as I would like. Sometimes I will wear false lashes and whenever I apply the first one I look at it compared to my other eye and feel appalled at how horrible my own lashes look. I feel like longer lashes just brighten up my face and looks a million times better!!! I would put them on everyday if I could, I just know I would spend a ton of money doing that, not to mention the time to do it each morning as I get ready for work. But, when I do it . . . I LOVE it and feel so much better about myself!  So I am going to continue to think about purchasing Latisse. I think it's a great idea, although I hear it can take up to 2 or 3 months to see results and once you stop using it, your lashes go back to the way they were before. So that's a bummer. I would love nothing more then to have natural, long, thick lashes, but this could become quite expensive to maintain, so I'm wondering if I should just stick to wearing my false ones from time to time. If anyone has any experience with Latisse, please let me know. I would love to know what people who have used this really think of it and if it is worth it. 

Here are some photos of me wearing false lashes and then some without - I don't think I look horrible with out them, but I think I look a lot better with them!

Without Lashes:





With Lashes:

The subtle, natural lash

The going out lash 

 

Full Lash






1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you do end up getting it, you must do a before and after and an in between! I would LOVE to see the results!