Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

This year for Valentine's Day we spent the evening at home! Being home, having a nice meal and staying away from the crazy busy restaurants is my fav! The day started off great when I woke up and found a card, some chocolate and a movie from my sweet hubby. He had bought me a plane ticket the week before to go to Dallas to see my parents (which I'm doing this weekend) so I told him that was my V-day present and not to do much. But I was still excited to wake up on Valentine's Day and find a sweet card and sweet treats! He got me the movie 'Friends with Benefits' - which I love. Such a cute movie!


For our Valentine's meal I had: turkey meatballs for an appetizer, mini manicotti, and our annual I.heart.U. pizza, which I usually make every year, and red wine of course.

Then for dessert we had chocolate covered strawberries (my fav) and a slice of our favorite strawberry cake from a local bakery here called Sugaree's Bakery!! Their cakes are to die for!!


After we ate we snuggled up on the couch and watched a movie! Perfect, low key Valentine's - just the way I like it!

Got to hit the sack because I've got lots to do tomorrow to pack and get ready to go to Dallas for the weekend to see my parents! Can't wait!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Mini manicotti! fun! have a blast this weekend.

LC said...

I love how you make everything look so adorable! You are so great at "presentation"!!!
Have fun in Dallas!