Friday, February 10, 2012

L.O.V.E. is in the Air

Valentine's Day is in just a few days!! While some people hate this holiday - I happen to "love" it! It doesn't have to be a big "to do" - but it's just a fun day to celebrate with someone you love.

Growing up my Mom always made sure we had treats and some fun little gifts on Valentine's day! She always did so good and made us feel so special. There were also times as I got older that I wouldn't be dating anyone around Valentine's Day - and while many of my single friends would feel sad and depressed on this day - I never did! I never did because my Mom always made me feel loved. To me - Valentine's Day doesn't have to be a romantic significant other to make you feel special - it can be anyone in your life that loves you and that you love! Not only did my Mom always spread the love on Valentine's Day - but I can remember several years when this day rolled around that my parents would take me and my little brother out to a nice dinner. They could have gotten a sitter and done something together without us kids - but most of the time they always made it a family affair and we would go out for a nice dinner!

While I do love having my husband as my Valentine and enjoying this day with him - I remember the special days growing up and how I never really felt sad on Valentine's day if I didn't have a guy to share it with!

So as Valentine's Day quickly approaches - remember one thing - your Valentine can be anyone in your life that you love and that loves you in return! There are no rules!

Oh and I was looking back at some photos this week and ran across one from Valentine's Day last year and one of my little festive "love" nooks I had decorated in pink and red!

Happy Valentine's Weekend!


No comments: