Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Cheer at Home {Den/Breakfast Room}

Finally getting around to posting photos of some of my Christmas decor. This post will be of the den and breakfast room area. Which is in black and white - my favorite color combo of all time and for any occasion. I did b&w for my wedding too, which was in December - so obviously I'm a black and white fanatic!

Gathered candlesticks, ornaments & a disco ball I already had to decorate the mantel


This was the CUTEST thing! While I was taking pictures, Mr. Big hopped up to the window! I think he was looking for Santa! ;)


I have had this tree since I was 19! I was in my first apartment in college and my bestfriend's mom was thinking of getting rid of this tree and then gave it to me. I was SO happy to get it because it made the adjustment of living on my own, in my first apartment and away from my family for the first time - feel more like home! I think that first year I had it, all I had on it were lights - not many ornaments - but I loved it!! Mike wanted to get rid of it this year and get a new one - but I said no! As long as it does not completely fall apart - I will continue to use it as long as I can! Thanks Mrs. Jolliff! I think of you every year I get this tree out!

I usually put the gifts for M's family under this tree - and then our gifts under our other tree.

Used some old frames to decorate the tree and put photos from our wedding day {December 29} in them.

Mr. Big says "Merry Christmas!"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! You seriously need to come and decorate my house! :)