Today is National Chocolate Chip Day!! I don't know about you, but a straight out of the oven, chocolate chip cookie and a tall glass of milk sounds divine this afternoon!! mmm!!!
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Makes 48 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Next stir in the eggs one at a time and then vanilla extract. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to dough mixture and then add in salt and cream of tartar. Next, slowly add in flour until well mixed. Add in chocolate chips and walnuts or butterscotch until mixed in evenly.
- On a large non-stick baking sheet, place heaping spoonfuls of cookie dough evenly spaced. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.