Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spread the L.O.V.E.

Valentine's Day is officially in 1 week!! We don't have any big plans I don't think. We may just stay in and get some good food and chill. We've gone out to dinner in the past, which is a lot of fun, but sometimes restaurants are very crowded and I am just as happy staying home with my honey. Even if we do stay home, I have a few surprises up my sleeve and will make it super cute and full of L.O.V.E! What do you all have planned?

Since V-Day is right around the corner, I thought I would share a little Valentine's Day card I put together. Who says you have to be in elementary school to do Valentine's Day cards, right?

When I was single and not dating anyone around Valentine's Day, I really didn't get too bummed out. I know a lot of people do (some don't want to admit it) but don't get down about it! It's just a really good excuse to eat even more chocolate AND not having to spend money on a gift for someone else. ha ha! Go spend it on yourself!!

I was very lucky though, because my Mom ALWAYS got me some treats and gifts for Valentine's Day. Even after I was married, she would still have some goodies for me and my hubby! I guess the fact that she always did something for me over the years and at times when I didn't really have a "valentine" I never felt like I was missing out!! I never thought about it till just now, but thanks to her, I always felt like I had a great Valentine's Day (even when I was single) because I always had some goodies and it was always from someone I loved and who loved me back! Who says Valentine's Day is for significant others? It can be with family, friends, anyone! Think of someone you know who may not have a Valentine, and do something sweet for them, even if it's as simple as a card! That may warm the heart just as much or even more than receiving gifts from a significant other!

No comments: