Monday, November 22, 2010

Smile! It's the Simple Things . . .

I know I am growing up when I get excited about buying a bundt pan! LOL! I haven't had one, and since my parents moved to TX a year ago, I can't borrow my Mom's. So tonight while I was at Target, a pretty Kelly Green bundt pan caught my eye! It's the simple things!

I had been thinking for the past couple of days that I was going to make an apple cake of sorts and tonight I found a recipe for a Apple Coffee Cake. I wanted to have something for my family to eat on in the mornings, so that's what I made. That along with some of my Pumpkin Butter and toast will probably be our breakfast for the next few days!

So I mixed up everything for my Apple Coffee Cake and put it in my pretty, new bundt pan . . . .


Then when it was done, I drizzled a little icing on top, and this is how it turned out!
It made my kitchen smell so good!! I love cooking treats and getting ready for my family to come!! It's what I love to do, It's the simple things!!


And as I am finishing typing this, the credits of a movie I had on, Mona Lisa Smile, is playing. It's also playing one my most favorite songs "Smile." It's my Mom's favorite song too! Something about this song is just so touching, and uplifting!! Once more . . . .It's the simple things like hearing a song that means something to you!

This song makes me think of my family, my husband, my friends, my health, my home, my job and makes me think . . . "just smile!" Smile for all I have to be Thankful for this holiday season! While this time of year is a happy time for many, I also know that there are a lot of people out there dealing with things: family matters, money, career, health, so many things. Whatever it may be, I pray you can find something to smile about this holiday season and appreciate the simple things! Those are the things that matter most!!

While you're at it, take a moment to SMILE at someone! You never know how such a simple thing like that, can make someones day, and . . . . make them smile too! I am going to try to remember to do the same!


"You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile"

5 comments:

Scientific Housewife said...

I don't own a bundt pan but you are making me want one. It looks great!

Melanie said...

Thank you.... I'm STARVING NOW!!!!!!! :)

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
Melanie

Annie said...

your cake turned out perfect and looks delicious!! i must get a bundt pan, i want some bundt cake! :)

Ashley said...

I love it, it looks SO amazingly delicious! Can you mail some my way?

BIG HUGS, & BIG SMILES! =)))

alanna said...

oh that looks delicious!! what a lucky family! happy thanksgiving!
xx