Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Night Fondue


I was off work today & it has been raining ALL day long!! I didn't really mind it though since I didn't have to get out much. We stayed in tonight and I did Fondue for dinner. I did a broth and it was SO good and had the best flavor. I normally like to do cheese, but we didn't have what I needed for that and I knew just eating the broth would be healthier. Now we are stuffed and trying to think of a movie we want to watch on demand. I'm going to try to go get some pumpkins this weekend - big ones. I bought some little ones this week that I have been playing around with - so when I am done and finally have my fall decor finished, I will post.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Cioa!
We had steak, chicken, cheese and this great bread I got from the bakery.


Tomatoes sliced and then roasted with EVOO, Parmesan & basil = so good!!
If you haven't tried this - you need to. Candy corn mixed with peanuts . . . it tastes JUST like a Payday candy bar! SO addicting! As if Candy corn isn't already by itself . . .
Oh and yesterday at work I walked down to the local Chocolate store that is famous here in Memphis called Dinstuhl's. I got Mike a little treat: a chocolate covered Oreo!! I didn't try it - but he said it was really good! The little pumpkin on it was cute too!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

how yummy!! Everything looks so good! It has been raining on this side of TN all day too! blah! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment! I just love following your blog! Hope you have a great weekend! = )

Jen said...

OMG What a fun dinner spread! I think my hubby would die if he came home to that! You guys are too cute

Llama said...

I swear, martha stewart could learn a thing or two from you! i love everything! I need to make those tomatoes ...they look sooo delish

Amber said...

mmmm, I'm suddenly craving fondue and roasted tomatoes, lol.

Ashley said...

You are just the best! I love the whole look! You are so creative, and man... Mike must think you are the most amazing wife in the world! Too cute!

I love you so much, you are beautiful! ;) XOXO!

LC said...

fondue for supper??? you are so impressive girlfriend!!!

we love candy corn and peanuts around here:)

Aishlea said...

I love fondue!!! :) Your blog is really cute!

In This Wonderful Life said...

YUM! I've got a big fondue pot and never used it! Does broth give it like a breaded feel/taste?