Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Night Fondue


I was off work today & it has been raining ALL day long!! I didn't really mind it though since I didn't have to get out much. We stayed in tonight and I did Fondue for dinner. I did a broth and it was SO good and had the best flavor. I normally like to do cheese, but we didn't have what I needed for that and I knew just eating the broth would be healthier. Now we are stuffed and trying to think of a movie we want to watch on demand. I'm going to try to go get some pumpkins this weekend - big ones. I bought some little ones this week that I have been playing around with - so when I am done and finally have my fall decor finished, I will post.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Cioa!
We had steak, chicken, cheese and this great bread I got from the bakery.


Tomatoes sliced and then roasted with EVOO, Parmesan & basil = so good!!
If you haven't tried this - you need to. Candy corn mixed with peanuts . . . it tastes JUST like a Payday candy bar! SO addicting! As if Candy corn isn't already by itself . . .
Oh and yesterday at work I walked down to the local Chocolate store that is famous here in Memphis called Dinstuhl's. I got Mike a little treat: a chocolate covered Oreo!! I didn't try it - but he said it was really good! The little pumpkin on it was cute too!



8 comments:

short southern momma said...

how yummy!! Everything looks so good! It has been raining on this side of TN all day too! blah! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment! I just love following your blog! Hope you have a great weekend! = )

Jen said...

OMG What a fun dinner spread! I think my hubby would die if he came home to that! You guys are too cute

Llama said...

I swear, martha stewart could learn a thing or two from you! i love everything! I need to make those tomatoes ...they look sooo delish

Amber said...

mmmm, I'm suddenly craving fondue and roasted tomatoes, lol.

Ashley said...

You are just the best! I love the whole look! You are so creative, and man... Mike must think you are the most amazing wife in the world! Too cute!

I love you so much, you are beautiful! ;) XOXO!

LC said...

fondue for supper??? you are so impressive girlfriend!!!

we love candy corn and peanuts around here:)

Aishlea and Brandon said...

I love fondue!!! :) Your blog is really cute!

In this wonderful life... said...

YUM! I've got a big fondue pot and never used it! Does broth give it like a breaded feel/taste?