Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kitchen Tables: Round vs. Square


So I have this long, square table up stairs in the attic that we had in our last house. It was my grandparents and I had painted it an espresso brown. I am thinking of bringing it down and possibly painting it black or white. We currently have a round table in our breakfast room and I like it, but there is something about a longer, square table I like better. So this may be a project in the near future. I really want to buy a new one of course, but I think I may work my magic with the one we have and if anything, get some new chairs. I like the thought of mixing chairs - so even if I were to buy a new table, I don't think I would want to buy a set with the matching chairs. I like to mix it up a bit with different chairs. I like the look of having 2 different chairs at the end of the table as well.

These are some tables/rooms I like! I clearly have a thing for black and white (and a little brown too). Anyone who knows me knows that I always love B&W, even in rooms! I like the thought of black and white because then you can add pops of colors with fruit, flowers and other things throughout each season. It's just a clean, crisp look.








Okay - so I did throw one round table in . . . I just like this look!

7 comments:

In This Wonderful Life said...

I am loving these rooms! I like idea of non-matching chairs! Can't wait to see your table project!

Jennifer said...

I love all these rooms! Especially with the color green! I can't wait to see what you end up doing.

Sole Matters said...

I LOVE the b&w with green!! I would bring down the table and paint it black. I also prefer a long, square table better. You can always add to it like you said with apples or some flowers to draw in color. Im not sure how I feel about the mixing of chairs. Are we talking about patterns or altogether different chairs? As long as they are similar in some way (color or shape) I think that you will be able to pull it off since you are going with a b&w theme.

Just Add Walter said...

stumbled across your blog today!! love these rooms... I think round tables are more intimate but square ones are more practical!

Brown Girl said...

Did you notice that all the pictures you showed had apples in them? I think you have a thing for green apples as well as black and white! Ha. Love the simplicity of black and white, I totally agree with you!

Amber said...

I absolutely LOVE black and white. And love mixing chairs, it just looks better :)

Annie said...

i am loving all the black, white with green accents!!
looking forward to seeing what you decide to do!

i had a round table and now have a rectangle, it has leaves underneath to be a square which i would love to be using but our dining room is tenny tiny! maybe some day when we get a house i'll be able to use it.