Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Night in the Orient


我爱我的丈夫      
我爱我的生命          
谢谢上帝

I love my Husband  
 I love my Life  
Thank you God

Tonight I decided to try and cook some authentic Chinese food. I have cooked some chinese dishes before, but never as authentic as I did tonight. I found that there are a couple basic ingredients that I need to use in order for it to taste like the real stuff and boy did it make a difference. On the menu: 

Appetizers: Edamame, & Spring rolls with a spicy peanut mustard sauce. 

Dinner: Kung Pao Chicken over white rice and Gai Lan (Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce.) 

Drinks:  TSINGTAO (a tasty Chinese Beer) and Hot Chai Tea . . . and of course fortune cookies

I will never cook Chinese food again without these 2 things: Oyster Sauce and Hoisin sauce. This was my first time buying these two items, and there are probably better brands out there, so I will have to search for some others and test them out. There are a few other things I used that I have never used before, certain spices which made a big difference too! Mike thought it tasted just like the Chinese food we get when we get take-out, so that made me feel good. I bet it will taste even better after I make it a few times and master my recipe!  We had a nice night! I am so blessed to be married to the most amazing man!! 























No comments: