Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's never easy . . .


Today I had a missed called from Mike when I left a class and I called him back and he told me that his grandmother had passed away. She was in her mid seventies and although we all know she lived a long life, it is never easy and still at seventy something you think that they still could've had a few more good years left. Mike is doing okay, pretty blah. He went to bed very early tonight because he is just so tired (it's been a very tough week for him at work) and I think he's just sad. 

It was his Dad's mother. His Dad is not one to ever really show emotion. Mike said that he has never seen his Dad cry. Today he called me after he left his parents house (I was at work) and said that in all of his thirty years, he has never seen his Dad they way he saw him today. Just very, very sad. I guess that goes to show that no matter how old we are or whether or not we show our emotions, losing your mother is NEVER easy!

I pray for Mike and his family and ask for your prayers at this time as well! 


No comments: