Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hair DO!









Today I wore one of my favorite accessories: a scarf in my hair. I love to do this in the summer! It is a quick easy way to add a little style and pizazz to simple hair and a simple outfit. The scarf I am wearing today is my Mom's - the one with the pink, turquoise and black, LOVE it!!! It's probably my favorite one. It's actually over 20 years old, about as old as me in fact. She used to wear hers as a belt in the 80's  - and it looked cute that way too. But this way is my fav! I am so glad that it is warming up so I can do this.  I wore them a lot last summer: on vacation, to dinner, laying out, anywhere. I actually have not purchased any new ones, I've just used the ones that my Mom had and then a few things I had of my own that I turned into a scarf.  Wearing it today though makes me think that I need to buy some more, in more colors and fun patterns. You don't have to spend a lot of money to look hip. I know you can find scarfs like this for probably as low as $10 - maybe less. It looks great with a simple white tank, jeans, sun dress and if you really want to spice it up, throw one on with your swimsuit! 

As you can see, I have worn mine quite a bit . . . . and it looks like it's even a hot trend in hollywood! 

Also, I am especially glad that it is warm now and I can wear them because my hair is recovering from a bad hair cut that I got around Christmas! Yesterday I said that moving was one of the worst things, well let me add to the list of WORST THINGS . . . . a bad hair cut!! It's partially my own fault I suppose. I had decided in November to go get my hair chopped off  (I do this every 6 or 7 years . . . ) and the first time I got it cut I LOVED it!! I hadn't liked a haircut that much in quite a while. Then Christmas rolled around and I decided I needed to go get a trim, just to make it look good for Christmas, New Years and my 1 year Anniversary. The girl I normally go to is fabulous! I have always been SO happy with what she has done from haircuts to my hair on my wedding day, she has done exactly what I wanted. But when I called to get in with her the day before Christmas Eve, she was not there. Normally she fits me right in, so I didn't think about making an appointment with her earlier. So - I was told that this other girl at the Salon was good, so I thought, what the heck, it's just a trim, who can screw up a simple trim, right??? WRONG - the girl gave me a totally new hair cut, and much shorter. I was SO upset!!! She even screwed up one side and thinned it out way more than the other. I didn't even want to tip the girl, but I did, although it wasn't much! ha ha . I was hoping since Christmas was 2 days away, that on Christmas morning she would wake up and find a lump of coal in her stocking! LOL

 I was  just so upset because I went in there for a simple, dad gum trim, and came out feeling like a peel head. (Okay, it wasn't that bad, but you catch my drift.) I wanted to put a bag over my head. Needless to say, it is growing out now and I can finally pull it in a small pony tail . . . . AND wear my scarves I love!  The moral of this story and the lesson I have learned (and really knew all along) is that once you find someone that can do your hair 100% they way you like it, DO NOT - I repeat - DO NOT go to anyone else, trim, color, style, nothing! I know I learned a lesson here and although the girl that cut my hair did a whack job, I should have just waited on my stylist to get back.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter, and ladies, go out and get yourself a new accessory, whether it's something for your hair or a new piece of fun jewelry. Those things are always a nice little perk! ;)




1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a great post!!! I loved the scarf in the hair look, you always make it look SO awesome too! ;) Love ya!!