Sunday, January 15, 2012

Brotherly Love

This weekend my little brother came home from Nashville. His band Darling Parade is getting ready to go on tour and so it will be a while till I see him - so he came home to hang out for a few days! His birthday is coming up in a couple weeks and since he will be on the road at that time, I wanted to celebrate while he was here. So yesterday I took him to lunch in Midtown, then we went and did a little shopping at Urban Outfitters & Target. Instead of picking a gift out for him and wrapping it, I told him to pick a couple things out and I would get it for him for his birthday. So he got a new hat, new jeans and couple other little things!


Us on the way to lunch

We ate at Young Avenue Deli. It was Food & Football FUN - he was into the game!


I also told him to pick any dessert he wanted and I would make it for him over the weekend. He chose a Chocolate Pecan Pie! I had never made one before, but it wasn't hard at all! You simply make a pecan pie, but fill the bottom of the pie crust with chocolate chips before adding the filling. It was very good!


Making a wish!

My brothers dog Bentley and my doggie, Mr. Big


Me, Myself & I {my hair is down for once-can you believe it?!?!}


Is that you Zac Brown? Oh wait - no . . . . that's my brother, Casey! He's been growing a beard and I'm not used to it - but it's "growing" on me - no pun intended!

So that was pretty much my weekend! I loved watching the Golden Globes tonight! I just LOVE the excitement of award shows, the fashion and the speeches! How many of you watched? I may do a post on my favorite gowns tomorrow!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! My eyes are getting quite heavy so I think it's time for me to hit the hay! Sweet dreams!

No comments: