Friday, December 9, 2011

Surprise Christmas Treats

Lastnight M & I went around spreading a little Christmas cheer! We left some treats on the doorsteps of some of his family and some friends! After leaving a bag full of goodies at the front door, I then sent a text telling them that "Santa's Elves" had left some tasty treats for them! The treats included some chex mix I made, cookies and some sparkling cider! We listened to Christmas Music and also had our doggie, Mr. Big along with us (who wore the cutest Christmas sweater!!)

Then Thursday night we went to the Memphis Zoo for a Christmas party. The zoo was shut down just for this party and it was so much fun! It was cold, but they had a hot chocolate bar set up as soon as people walked through the gates of the zoo, so you could get you a cup of hot chocolate (or hot cider) and walk around the zoo and look at their winter wonderland of lights. They had different food stations: nacho station, taco station and chili station and then their dessert station - WOW! It was huge!! They even had an ice skating rink too! I wish I could ice skate, but I've never been too good at it and with my bad ankle I can't take a chance trying it again. But it sure was fun to watch!

We had lots of cookies left over from our surprise deliveries so I bagged them up and told M to to take them to work with him and hand out to some of his co-workers. It's crazy where he works this time of year and it's always nice to get a little treat at work!

Heading to a Christmas party tonight at the amazing Heartwood Hall! Now if I can just find something to wear!!

No comments: