Monday, May 16, 2011

L+M Wedding Shower


This weekend one of my best friends got married and it was SO beautiful! I can't wait to share photos! But, before I share photos of the fab wedding, I need to share about her wedding shower I helped throw a few weeks ago. I am quite behind on my blog, so it's time to play catch up.

Her name is Lindsay (yes we have the same name, but hers is spelled with an "'a") and her now husband's name is Matt. This is funny because their names make L&M just like me and my hubby!

I helped throw her shower with another one of her good friends, Janna. I did all the decor, platters, flowers and little details, while Janna did the food and hosted it at her home. Lindsay is not a pink gal (which I'm not really either) and I know that she is kind of earthy and likes unique things, not so frilly - so I tried to remember that as I purchased things and put ideas together for her shower.

I used earthy browns, white hydrangeas with apples inside the vases, with hints of blue in the serving platters.

I LOVE this rustic bowl!! I had been looking for one for a while and finally found it! Perfect timing too because it added the perfect touch with the utensils wrapped in green napkins and tied with raffia.

I had purchased the L&M and was originally going to cover them in some decorative paper, but then decided to leave them as they were and added a little ribbon.

The Gift & Wish Tree table I put together.

I purchased this gorgeous frame at Pier 1, along with a gift card for the bride (what she had requested) and that was part of her gift. I was so surprised and excited when I saw it at her wedding this weekend. I was so happy she was able to use it!! I love it and want to get one for myself!!

She has the most beautiful wedding invitations, and I used part of it to ad little touches, like this I put around the vase with a photo of the couple attached.

I had this little box at home, and filled it with with cards with green ribbon for the Wish Tree. I also attached another piece of her invitation to the inside of the box.

Janna, the other hostess, leaving the bride a wish!

The Beautiful Bride, Lindsay!!!

More goodies on the island along with an engagement photo of the couple and more flowers: tulips and hydrangeas.

Muddy's Cupcakes - amazing!!

Treats!



Lindsay and her Mom

I got this cute little book to record her gifts and wrote on the inside "To and From" along with the date and a special note for my dear friend!


Janna made festive wedding cake martinis and they were a HIT!!

Lindsay's sweet Mother leaving her daughter a "wish"

Gift time!!

I gave her a Pier 1 gift card, that seashell frame and this cute apron!!

Last, little favors made by the other hostess, Janna. Wine glasses each filled with a candle.

We all had a great time and were so happy to see our friend celebrate! She has been working so hard going to school. She is already a nurse and has worked in trauma, but she went back to school to get an even higher degree in the nursing field! She just had her boards this week, just a few days before her wedding and she passed! She was quite stressed (as I think we all would be if we were doing both) but she handled it so well and her wedding was perfect! I will share pictures from her wedding soon! I got some great pictures, which I was glad about because at her shower, I was so busy taking the photos, I didn't get any with the bride. But I wanted her to have these pictures to remember her wedding shower!



3 comments:

Nikosmommy said...

Great job! Gorgeous shower...love the details!

Scientific Housewife said...

Everything is gorgeous!

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

That shower was GORGEOUS! You could give Social Butterflies a run for their money in party planning! Love the color scheme. Do you have Pinterest? I love your taste so I'd love to follow you :)