Thursday, March 31, 2011

Birthday Recap {Part 2}

Now for the 2nd part of my B-day {which was on the 22nd.} We spent the day at the Zoo, then that night M took me out for a fabulous birthday dinner!

{Us}

{We went to a place in midtown called DO. It's a very small place, but very fun, eclectic atmosphere, not to mention just about the BEST sushi I've ever had!!}


{cheers!}

{just about the best sushi everrrrrrr}

{yum yum! Then of course we had to have dessert, so we ordered a slice of strawberry cake by the amazing Sugarees Bakery. Many local restaurants get cakes from Sugarees, which is located in a tiny town in Mississippi. They are the most amazing cakes!! They will ship too! You should check it out! Sugarees.com. And our waitress was so sweet and even put a candle in the cake!}

{We didn't like it at all as you can see! ha}

{Then after dinner, we headed downtown to meet up with my lil bro who was in town and a few of his friends. M snapped a pic of me as we were walking to meet him.}

{Cheers!}


{Me, the BIRTHDAY girl!!}


{My parents live almost 14 hours away and I was not able to be with them on my birthday . . . . but they were SO sweet and sent me a birthday package full of goodies! My Mom wrapped them all SO cute too!! I love getting surprise packages!!}

{Some of the goodies they sent me . . . and all from World Market! I SO miss WM & since they have one where they live, they went and got me some of my favorite candles and a few accessories! Yippy!}

{A few days went by after my birthday and just when I thought all the b-day surprises were over, a friend of mine text me and said he had a special delivery. (I like to call my friend my G-Hub . . . . think you can figure that out . . . gay husband! ha! He's the sweetest friend to me so my Mom called him to help me with one last b-day gift.) So he came by and this is what he delivered . . .}

{I was SO surprised! And so excited when I saw what it was . . . a set of my beautiful, Ralph Lauren china!!}




{Isn't it pretty!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my china!! I'm so glad I picked it out!!}

So that was the rest of my b-day! It was a great birthday and I'm so thankful to have such an amazing husband, friends and family who made it so special!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I hope to have a little time over the weekend to catch up and leave some comments, I haven't had time lately, but I hope too soon!


9 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

WOW! Nice G-hub! Generous.
Love your dress! and your hair looks cute like that.
Have a good weekend and Happy Belated Bday!

Nikosmommy said...

Looks like you had a fabulous birthday! Love your china pattern as well. Contemporary but understated... Love it! And even better when someone else buys you a setting. Why is China so freaking expensive anyway!!?!?

Kellie Collis said...

Fabulous birthday! Those boots are rocking! Enjoy the lovely weekend, Kellie xx

Llama said...

How fun! I love your dress! Super cute!
That Ralph Lauren china is to die for! Lucky duck!

Unknown said...

Looks like an awesome cekbration! Love the china and that might just be hands down the most amazing looking sushi ever! And I'm not even a hug sushi fan!

Anonymous said...

you are simply gorgeous!!! happy birthday!!

Whim Wham Life said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! What a fabulous celebration! You are loved:-) You looked gorgeous and that sushi looks so delicious! xoxo

Miss Chelsea said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday to me! That china is gorgeous

Lindsey said...

What a great birthday!!! Love it!