Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins!

Tonight I have been making some Pumpkin Butter! I didn't even know there was such a thing till last week when I discovered it on a blog. I know all about Apple Butter because my Dad loves it, but had never heard of Pumpkin butter. So I am giving it a try. I posted that I was making it on my facebook page then my boss left me a comment saying "You're bringing some to the office, right? =)" So now that's what I am doing. Think I will get up a little early and put some biscuits in the oven to take too. I just hope it's good. It's my first time making it so we shall see. If it is good I will share the recipe!

Now for our pumpkin! We carved our pumpkin the other night so we would have to sit on our porch for Halloween. I have some cute pics of us carving our pumpkins, but for now I will just show you the finished product! Last year we did an "N" pumpkin, for Nabors and I loved it so much I decided that we will do it every year. I know one day when we have kids we will have to do something a little more fun like a face or something, but for now I like our "N."

Hubby did such a good job carving it too!! After he was all done, we put a candle in it and tested it out. I put it on our kitchen table for us to enjoy inside then knew it would be going out on the porch Halloween night. I think it turned out awfully cute if I do say so myself!!

Oh and since we are talking pumpkins, the other morning I got a little creative with my breakfast and made a cheese toast pumpkin, ha ha

So that's all for now! I will post more pics later of our fun night carving pumpkins with friends AND my work Halloween costume I came up with. It only cost me $13 too!






8 comments:

Scientific Housewife said...

Very cute pumpkin!

5th Belle Avenue said...

Oh my gosh, you are so creative, I loooove it!!! a) Pumpkin butter sounds AMAZING! Was it easy to make? b) your pumpkin display is A-DORABLE! c) Cheese toast pumpkin? Are you serious? And with avocado? I'm dying over all this cute-ness!

Christa said...

Love your pumpkin! And that cheese toast pumpkin is adorable!

Amanda M. said...

Stop it! You are TOO creative and cute! Pumpkin looks fab, as does all the decor around it, too!!!

Jessica said...

Your N pumpkin looks great! Hope Y'all had a great Halloween!

Tatum-LeTard said...

Hey Lindsey! Your comment on my blog made my day!!! Thank you sooooo much! I am most definitely going to do that... it's worth a shot! :) Also, you are just adorable... you never cease to amaze me with your cute posts! This pumpkin is awesome - so original!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That came out awesome. He definitely has some carving skills. What a creative centerpiece- I wish I'd thought of that.

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh! I love the pumpkin as a centerpiece, and that whole set up is so creative! You've given me some good ideas for next year! :)