Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cooking, Cleaning & Packing for TX



Cooking:

Sunday I made stuffed peppers and corn . . . yummy!! I had leftovers last night and they were even better because they had soaked up all the flavor!

Cleaning:

We are getting ready to go out of town and I have been running around trying to get things picked up and clean. I don't like going out of town with things a mess! Microwave got a good scrub (actually Mr. Nabors did it - since I had a little hard time reaching it, ha ha. And he did a damn good job too!!) I cleaned the counter tops in the kitchen really good, mirrors in bathroom and other rooms. Put clean sheets on our bed so they will be nice and fresh when we return. Mr. Nabors cleaned the toilets for me the other day too - he's the best!! I cleaned the rest of our Master bath yesterday and then our guest bathroom today. Oh and does doing laundry go under this category?? Been doing that too, and still have more to do! I'm also going to vacuum good all over the house tomorrow. Mike's Mom is going to be coming over a couple times a day to take Mr. Big out, so I want to get the floors cleaned. Oh and I have GOT to chunk a few things from our fridge tonight. I just hate doing that!! But I really don't want to go out of town and get back with a science project growing in our fridge . . . yuk!!!!

Packing:


Well what else is there to say??? I know I am taking more then I really need, but since I'm not sure what all we will be doing I gotta be prepared, right? We are going to TX to seem my parents for 6 days and the weather there has been kinda up and down. One day it will be warmer and then another day they will have the fire going, so who knows?? I know we are going to be going to dinner a few times and to have drinks with their friends, so gotta pack enough outfits! ha ha! We are driving instead of flying and to me - it's a pretty long drive, almost 15 hours. We are leaving tomorrow as soon as Mike gets off work, so we will be driving all night and probably wont get there till around 8a.m. So I expect to be drinking lots of coffee! If we get too too tired, we will pull off and get a hotel, but I'm pretty sure we can make it. My dad has made the drive to see us several times all by himself, so if he can do it, so can we!

Hope every has a great week and . . . HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!! Ta Ta for now - I'll be back in a couple days with some pics and details of our trip!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Snaps- did you get your couch from Ashley furniture by any chance? It looks exactly like mine :-) Does yours have a little chaise at the end of one side? :-)

Stuffed peppers was something my mom used to make when I was growing up and I loved them sooooo much!!

katie + bret said...

Texas - WOO WOO!!

Dee Stephens said...

I totally loved those stuffed peppers. Haven't made them in a while though!
that is a long drive! have fun!

LC said...

have a great time on your trip!

Unknown said...

Have a safe trip! Yes, the weather here has been fairly crazy. But it should be pretty nice for the next few days! (Not counting Saturday...rain, rain, go away!)

Scientific Housewife said...

Have fun on your trip!

Amber said...

Have fun on your trip, can't wait to see pics :)

What's New with Mrs.T said...

Bye gorgeous!! Have a safe trip!!!!

alicia said...

yum! that stuffed pepper looks fab! Hope you have a great trip :)

Ashley said...

Miss you already!!!!!!! Love the packing pics! Wish you were packing to see me!