Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wifey's Weekend

Wifey's weekend was pretty low key. Hubby and I both worked late Friday and then had to work Saturday . . . ughh. Friday night I didn't cook of course since I worked late. Hubby made it home before me, so he went and picked up some dinner at Memphis Pizza Cafe, a local fav!
He had a calzone and I had one slice of Veggie pizza and a Greek Salad - it hit the spot! We just chilled on the couch and watched the Olympics and it wasn't long before I was out! We have a HUGE electric blanket and lately I have been making myself comfy on the couch, under the blanket.It feels so good and I love adjusting the temp to what I want it to be! I found myself thinking later how funny it was that we were in and pooped on a Friday night, when just a couple years ago we would be out on the town. I guess we are officially "grown ups" now!

As I mentioned before, we both worked Saturday. I went to the grocery when I got off work and fixed us quiche for dinner. I wanted something quick, easy and good. I fixed hubby a ham and cheese one and then I fixed me a veggie quiche, minus the crust . . . . if you still call that a quiche - I don't know? I was trying to make mine a little on the healthier side. The crust is my favorite part of quiche, but it was still really, really good without it too! AND real men DO eat quiche, at least my man does! LOL.
I just now realized I had "veggie" meals 2 nights in a row. I wasn't doing that on purpose, but I guess I just like my veggies-which is good! Can never have too many I suppose.

Sunday Hubby had to work, so I slept in and lounged around a bit. I enjoyed drinking coffee and relaxing in my pj's for. I have a few favorite coffee cups, one of them being this cup that Mike got for me over a year ago. It makes me smile every time I use it just because I remember us laughing when he showed it to me in the store and said he was going to buy it for me. I also like it because it is a BIG coffee cup so it allows me to have a big 'ol cup of coffee! Sometimes I even eat cereal out of it too! ha ha
After lounging around for a little while, I picked up the house a little and then worked out. I did a workout video I had at home. I could have gone to the gym, but I just felt like staying home ALL day and not having to go anywhere! So I did that, and then also got caught up on some Reality TV:



Once again, I wanted to do something quick, easy and good for dinner. I wanted to enjoy my night with my honey and didn't want to be cleaning up the kitchen half the night - so I went for something quick. I made us Tuna Pita Melts. They were sooo good!! I used whole wheat pitas, tuna (with a few things added to the tuna) and then 2% cheese melted. It was my first time fixing them and we both thought they were really good. For dessert I made some cinnamon apples. We have a ton of apples in the fridge so I thought this would be the perfect way to use some of them up!

So that was pretty much our weekend, nothing too exciting! I feel like I'm leaving something out . . hmmm. Although it was pretty low key and lacked anything super exciting, I enjoyed just chilling! Sometimes a weekend that is low key, is the best kind! Hope everyone else had a great weekend as well!! Happy Monday!

4 comments:

In This Wonderful Life said...

sounds like a great weekend! you watched and ate a bunch of things I just love!

Sophie said...

Is housewives of NYC back on?? Don't tell anyone, but I am addicted to that show... ;)

I did the same thing and lounged about the good majority of the weekend... we all owe ourselves one every so often, right?

PS - thanks for stopping by my blog. You're looks super cute!

alicia said...

yum - all of the food sounds delicious and super healthy! Oh and I think I need to try Memphis Pizza Cafe :)

Emily said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. :) Sounds yummy too. (Love pizza over here.)
Xoxo.