Friday, September 11, 2009

9/ll & The style of Oscar nominated actress Taraji P. Henson

Happy Friday everyone!! I'm sure all of you have enjoyed this short week as much as I have! It flew by! I wanted to take a moment to remember 9/11. I remember where I was the day it happened. At the time I was working at a Physical Therapy clinic as a PT Tech. I was helping a patient who was getting over double knee replacement when the radio was interrupted by breaking news. I remember at first we all thought it was some kind of weird accident that a plane flew into the building. It was when the 2nd plane hit, that we all knew, this was no accident. We were all wondering what was happening, so me and another girl went & got a TV at her house to plug up at work and watch. I remember the fright everyone felt and it seemed as if we were all on edge. That was such a horrible day. A day of horrible acts and a day that I wish America never endured. I know as time goes by we all go about our lives and the freshness of something that horrible can wear off, but I for one will never forget that day and all the lives lost & forever changed. I will never forget all of the men and women who worked countless hours and days helping others who were injured. I will never forget the victims, their families & those who searched for survivors. I will never forget all those who had a part in lending a hand in comforting the victims, their families & our Nation!
Thank you!!! And America . . . . we will never forget!!!

Now to a more happy subject . . . like Fashion. Someone who I have noticed over the past year and I find to be not only a wonderful actress, but a beautiful, stylish woman is Taraji P. Henson. She has played in several movies such as :The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Hustle and Flow, TV shows Boston Legal, ER, and many more. You can view her Filmography by clicking here. In the past year or two it seems like she has really blossomed and just I love her style!!! She is classy and elegant, but also has some spunk and edge! (I would like to think I am a little like that - but I don't know?? ha ha.)

Something interesting about Taraji is that she is the great grandcousin of Matthew Henson, one of the explorers who discovered the North Pole (thought that was cool!) Wonder if she knows Santa?? ha ha! Her philosophy in life is: "Love as often as you can. Dance like nobody's watching. Travel. Eat. Try new foods because, like my character says, you never know what's coming for you and when it's time to let go, you got to let go."

I just love her style and I think her hair is super cute too! It kind of looks like mine did when I first chopped it off last fall, (that was before I went for a trim a few months later in Dec. and the girl jacked it up - now I'm trying to let it grow and get back to normal - which is why I wear it back a lot.) It's hard for me not to comment below on each pic & say how much I LOVE each outfit she is wearing! I think she is just so cute and gorgeous at the same time! I simply love love love her style and all of her looks!! It's so fun admiring the style of others. I find it inspiring myself!

One of my FAVORITES is the amazing cream dress she wore for the Oscars! I think it is SOOO beautiful - STUNNING! It is simple, yet it stands out. It was designed by Roberto Cavalli. I think it would make a fabulous wedding dress!! I am in love with the necklace she wore too!!! I would KILL for this dress and jewels!!!



Love this black dress so much!

Love this spunky yet classy little black number!
OMG - love this ruffle dress!!!

This dress is ROCKIN!!!
Pure class!



4 comments:

Tracy said...

I love her style too!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

LOVE her wardrobe! SO classy!

Yansy said...

I love her style as well. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. I would like to invite you to participate in my giveaway.

Sole Matters said...

she is gorgeous first of all..but that girl can DRESS!