Peaches are actually quite good for you and have many health benefits. Here are some of them:
- vitamins, fiber, antioxidants, Iron and Potassium
- peaches are a relatively low-carbohydrate snack
- each fruit only contains about 60 calories (of course this number may vary depending on the size). This makes peaches an ideal snack and diet staple for people who are trying to loose weight or manage their current weight (I'm gonna remember this one!)
- full of vitamin A
- known to combat risks of heart disease and promote vision and skin health.
- rich in vitamin C, arguably the most well-known vitamin due to its extraordinary immune system benefits
- good source of dietary fiber, which helps to regulate the digestive system, clean the intestines, and combat cancer
- contain antioxidants, molecules that slow and prevent the production of free radicals in the body (which cause cell damage)
Looks like eating 4 peaches today may not have been such a bad idea after all!!!
Hope everyone has a "Peachy Keen" day!