Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Life is Just Peachy!

About 30 minuets ago, I just got done eating my FOURTH peach of the day! My first one was around 12:45 p.m. and I had it for lunch with some cashews. I wasn't that hungry, so that's all I had. Then I get home tonight and between 9:00p.m. and 12:45a.m. - I ate 3 more! They are just so gosh darn good! I couldn't help myself. I guess if I am going to over indulge when eating something, a piece (or 2 or 3 or 4 . . . . ) of fruit is much better then something that is bad for me, like chocolate or chips. But seriously, there is NOTHING like a good, fresh, juicy, sweet, drip down your chin PEACH!! yummmmmy! 

Peaches are actually quite good for you and have many health benefits. Here are some of them:

  • vitamins, fiber, antioxidants, Iron and Potassium
  •  peaches are a relatively low-carbohydrate snack
  •  each fruit only contains about 60 calories (of course this number may vary depending on the size). This makes peaches an ideal snack and diet staple for people who are trying to loose weight or manage their current weight (I'm gonna remember this one!)
  •  full of vitamin A
  •  known to combat risks of heart disease and promote vision and skin health.
  •  rich in vitamin C, arguably the most well-known vitamin due to its extraordinary immune system benefits
  •  good source of dietary fiber, which helps to regulate the digestive system, clean the intestines, and combat cancer
  • contain antioxidants, molecules that slow and prevent the production of free radicals in the body (which cause cell damage)
Looks like eating 4 peaches today may not have been such a bad idea after all!!!

Hope everyone has a "Peachy Keen" day!

Ta ta!

4 comments:

Annie said...

mmmm, a juicy peach sounds delish!
i love fruit.
ive been chowing down on raspberries, blackberries and strawberries lately!

Trina said...

Peaches are my fav fruit! I went to the market to get some and ended up being totally disappointed in them. Every single one I've cut open has had a rotten spot near the pit. GROSS.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I just realized I haven't had a peach all summer! How is that possible?! I'm going to remedy the situation soon.

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Drip down your chin is right!! Ha! Keep on eating them, I say! Thanks for the list of benefits...who knew?!